Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Man Cave Part V: Vapor Barrier and Purchases 

My son Liam helped me get the vapor barrier up. I used a 4 Mil 8' x 100' roll and made pretty quick work of it with 1/2" staples.

The Vapor Barrier in place.
My staple gun of choice is the Powershot 5700 staple and brad gun. I've had it for almost 20 years and it still rocks.

Next up, the drywall.

So, I stopped in a local furniture store and found two of these killer over-sized black leather chairs. They were on clearance and I got the pair for $150.

Over-sized leather chair.

Lighting has been tricky. I found 4 of these amazing art-deco style sconces made by Forecast Lighting. The MSRP is $126 a piece. I got all 4 on e-bay for $16 - total, S/H included.

Awesome lighting.


I also picked up an X-Box at a yard sale for $20. 

Now I need a leather sectional and a large TV.

It's all coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment